Bush fire season is fast approaching here in Australia, and to avoid disaster, it is critical that you are prepared for this treacherous season. 2019 has been a particularly difficult year in terms of low rainfall and dry conditions. The Bushfire and Natural Hazards Cooperative Research Centre have released their seasonal statement declaring that Queensland, […]
Slashing is a must for clearing vegetation and slashers are also the best way to manage ground cover. That said, there are good slashers and there are some that simply don’t make the grade in Australian conditions. Before you purchase a slasher make sure you do your homework. Australia’s unique range of terrains and climates […]
To put it simply, slashing is the older method and form of technology, and mulching involves more modern methods and machinery. Both seek to serve more or less the same purpose: to cut the grass or pasture; whilst leaving the organic matter on the ground (Chop N’ Drop). This serves as organic fertiliser (mulch) for […]
- The Benefits of Mulching & Slashing Prior to the Bush Fire Season
- How Using Mulch Reduces Your Use of Fertiliser and Improves Soil
- Mulching vs Spraying: Which Farming Method is More Effective?
- The Benefits of Mulching for Viticulture and Olive Orchards
- Murrumbateman Field Day – 40th Anniversary Yass Valley 2018