Southern Cross Ag Machinery recommends that the following routine service / maintenance schedule be followed to ensure the efficient and safe operation of your slasher. If you follow this maintenance schedule it will maximise the working life of your slasher.
Prior to first use of slasher
1. Check all bolts and nuts are tightened correctly
2. Check all hitch pins are securely locked
3. Check Bow Shackles on drag chains are tight
4. Ensure Quick Coupler Pins on the PTO shaft are secured correctly to both the Slip Clutch
(slasher end) and to the tractor PTO output shaft
5. Ensure slip clutch is set correctly. Click here for Bare-Co clutch maintenance instructions.
6. Check slasher gearbox oil level. Add oil if required with a quality SAE 140 gear oil.
7. Check PTO shaft has been greased as per instructions (refer www.bareco.com.au)
After first 3 hours of operation
1. Check all bolts & nuts are tightened correctly
2. Check slasher gearbox oil level. Add oil if required
After every 8 hours of operation
1. Grease PTO shaft as per instructions (refer www.bareco.com.au)
2. Check Cutter Beam for any signs of damage and check Retaining Nut to gearbox is tight and split pin is still in place
3. Check blades for signs of damage or excessive wear. Replace if necessary
4. Ensure blade retaining plough bolts and self locking nuts are not damaged and are tight
5. Check Clutch settings and make adjustments if necessary
6. Check for any debris from cutting or items such as wire are not built up around gearbox output shaft and cutter beam
After every 40 hours of operation
1. Complete all processes as per 8 hour service
2. Check all bolts & nuts are tightened correctly
3. Check all hitch pins are securely locked
4. Check Bow Shackles on drag chains are tight
5. Clean slasher deck and remove any cuttings or other debris that has built up on the slasher
6. Check PTO shaft universal joints for any signs of wear. Replace any worn components if required
Southern Cross Ag Machinery is your agricultural machinery specialist supplying quality slashers at competitive prices. Please call us on 02 4044 0308 or contact us online if you have any queries regarding the maintenance of your slasher. We’ll be happy to help with your enquiry.