MU-H VARIO Flail Mowers
Front and rear-mounted mulcher
The heavy-duty MU-H Vario series is a robust universal mulcher for green area maintenance for tractors and special system vehicles up to 90 hp. This “workhorse” for daily use in the widest possible range of mowing and mulching work has side shift, front and rear mounting, fully proven universal “M”-Hammer flails and the patented “Shark fin” shredding bar system as standard.
Consequently, this mulcher can work perfectly on lawns, meadows, overgrown areas and fallow surfaces with woody growth and light scrub. The biomass is heavily shredded and spread evenly over the surface behind the roller.
For particularly tough conditions with a high proportion of stones and other debris, such as maintaining road verges and roadside greenery or working alongside rivers and canals, there is an option to have a rotor with “M”-Shackle flails installed. If any resistance is encountered, the flails can deviate laterally so that under extreme conditions and helped also by the shape of the blade, both the tractor and the mulcher are protected.
Special variants are available for front installation on system vehicles. The MU-H Vario can also be augmented by further options for particularly difficult conditions. An optimum weight ratio and its proximity to the tractor are also important safety features. For front installation, the optional incorporation of the adjustable hydro-pneumatic Weight Transfer System MU-SOFA® is recommended, as this provides many advantages regarding safe and comfortable operation.
MU-H Vario: More performance, more productivity, lower cost!
- Manufactured from High-Quality QSt/E Steel with multi-position Headstock Cat. I + II for Front or Rear mounting with mechanical side shift; MUH 140 – 150: 40 cm; MUH 160 – 220: 56 cm
- Gearbox with integrated over run clutch and through drive for 540 / 1000 r.p.m.
- Belt protection with tension measuring slot
- High tempered “M” Hammer flails to ensure a clean cut and maximum shredding using less power
- Spiral Rotor with specially formed flail lugs to protect against damage from obstacles and internal bearings protecting against dirt, wear and tear
- Roller with internal bearings and rounded edges to preserve the soil and turf and to carry the flail, adjustable for different heights, wearing skids
- High tempered spring steel one-way protection flaps in front of the mower hood.
- Optimised distance between the outer rotor circle and the roller guarantees perfect contour following and an even quality of cut
- Purposely designed hood in conjunction with high rotor and cutting speeds and removable shredding bar spreads the shredded material evenly behind the roller giving an excellent Mulching and Shredding Quality
- Patented removable shredding bar – System: “Shark Fin”
- P.T.O. shaft and Guarding to ISO Standards
- Shock absorbing linkage springs (for Front Mounting recommended)
- Hydraulic Weight Transfer MU-SOFA®, for Front mounting recommended
- Hydraulic side shift (1 double-acting spool valve required) 140-150 : 40 cm / 160-220 : 56 cm lifting range
- Height adjustable rubber wheels, 360º swivel with adjustable width for rear mounting (replacing the roller or in addition to the roller)
- Warning signs and lights (Dealer fit)
- Hood Wear plate (Delivery time to be asked for)
- Additional Carbide wearing skids, removable (Delivery time to be asked for)
- Second patented removable shredding bar – System: “Shark Fin”
- Alternative flails and rotor systems (3 back to back Flails, M Shackle Flails)
- Working hours meter with electronic sensor
|MODEL||WORKING WIDTH (cm)||OVERALL WIDTH (cm)||MAX. TRACTOR HP
(540 r.p.m / 1000 r.p.m)
|NO. OF FLAILS|
|MU-H 120||120||137||75 / 90||380||10|
|MU-H 140||140||157||75 / 90||465||12|
|MU-H 150||150||167||75 / 90||480||12|
|MU-H 160||160||177||75 / 90||500||14|
|MU-H 180||180||197||75 / 90||535||16|
|MU-H 200||200||217||75 / 90||555||16|
|MU-H 200-RAKE||200||217||75 / 90||615||16|
|MU-H 220||220||237||75 /90||615||18|
|MU-H 220-RAKE||220||237||75 / 90||675||18|
Click here for further information.
To purchase our products, all you need to do is use our Find a Dealer page and contact your nearest Southern Cross Ag Machinery dealer. Just enter your postcode and we will list your nearest state and territory suppliers.
Ordering is easy. Simply place your order with your local dealer they will manage your delivery. They will also be able to provide any help you need with servicing, warranties and more.
NEED HELP SELECTING A PRODUCT?
If you’d like some technical advice, guidance, or just need to make a decision about which product is right for your needs, we’re happy to provide any help you require. Our experts can assist with matching products to tractor HP and other practical issues.
Just call us on 02 4932 3011 for any information you need.